Monday, March 7, 2016

Playing in the Rain

Unlike my son turning 3, I remember my husband and son playing in the rain like it was yesterday.  Aaron was maybe 5, and as boys, they were running and screaming and laughing and kicking water at each other.  And I stood at the door, giggling and video taping the whole thing, because I didn't want to ever forget it.  So, I knew one day, with my husband's personality running through my daughter's veins, that she too would have her own day in the rain.

In the fall, we got a princess umbrella; a few months ago, we bought her new rain boots; then last week, we were blessed by a rain coat at MOPS, so it seemed to me that pictures in the rain might happen any day.  And then one day last week, we woke up to puddles on the deck and headed outside!

 While the puddles were not big, this little girl's intensity sure was.  BIG jumps in puddles and lots of walking and kicking in the water.

And reflections in puddles are a ton of fun.  And bubbles.  Bubbles are pretty awesome too.


In the end, playing in the rain was pretty fun; almost as much fun as going to the park on a sunny day.  Almost.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts