Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 5-on-5: Spring in Bloom

Photography is a beautiful thing.  It can be such a blessing to forever capture moments and beauty that is fleeting and changing.  But let that sink it for a minute - it is captured FOREVER.  And sometimes, especially as a photographer, that simple fact can become overwhelming.  So, I decided a little while ago I was going to slow down and shoot less.  It has helped me to reconnect to the world around me.  My daughter and I sat outside earlier this week and played with bubbles - and I was simply present, even though a part of me was sort of wishing I was shooting.  I soaked in the laughter of my daughter and the sound of rustling leaves in the trees and the smell of blossoms in the air and enjoyed what God was doing.  For my 5-on-5, I wanted to shift my focus to the beauty of nature I noticed while I took a break - and went and took pictures of later (you didn't think I would break too long, did you?).  I believe nature is proof of how glorious God really is.


Our tulips are just beginning to come out and they are radiant.

Blooms from our Bradford pear tree a few weeks ago.

 The leaves that have replaced those blooms.

Amazing the detail that can be found ...

 on a tree this size.  Which in comparison to the world, is really nothing to talk about.

Something that is worth talking about is the rest of the extremely talented photographers in this circle.  Please make sure that you go full circle and see what Danielle is doing at Danielle Macinnes Photography.

And before you leave, what about you?  Are you in need of a break?  Why not take a pause, even if it is only for a day or a night?  Turn off the distractions, and just be present.  Take in the smells and sounds and feels that you might otherwise be missing.

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, these are so beautiful! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers and I always find myself shooting nature when I slow down too. There's just something about pausing to really appreciate the beauty all around us. Such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos and such an important reminder to slow down and be more present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Speaks of the creativity and glory of our Creator!

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Posts