Sunday, July 21, 2013

365 Blessings: #6 Forgiveness

Today at church, our pastor talked about love - and forgiveness; he mentioned that if you are holding on to a hurt, you should write down what you are expecting from the person, which may not even be something they can give you, and then write over it, "paid in full". As I visualized this during service and tried to wrap my mind around forgiving the person who had hurt me, I recalled the moment in The Hunger Games when the older sister volunteered herself in place of the younger sister, yelling out that she would take her spot. I felt God tell me that He was volunteering to take away that hurt in place of the person that can't and likely wouldn't anyway. When I questioned why, He reminded me that He would do it for me, so why not her? In this moment, I realized how I have sinned so many times and need forgiveness - and how blessed I am to have it.

Copyright Melissa Kayser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts