Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Letters!!

It seems clear in my life that the teacher in me will never die.  Our son started randomly recognizing letters in the world at just under 2 years old.  By 3 months after turning two, he was reading small words independently.  Our girl didn't seem to have the same interest.  She started to pick up on them, would occasionally say a letter, and sometimes she was right, but it never seemed to stick.  She is more of a coloring, dancing, singing child than Aaron ever was - which is the perfect match to her persona.  So, I chalked it up to kids being different and we watched Sesame Street when we could.  Earlier this week, our girl started pointing at letters and telling them to me.  She then decided she was going to take apart our little A,B,C puzzle and could put 75% of them back when asked for a specific letter with very little assistance.  I was dumb founded.  I made sure we spent some time that day playing with letters and letting her show me what she knew.


Our wooden letter puzzle.  I loved that she would take cues about turning the pieces or matching pictures to their letters.  She did so great!!


Letters on the fridge.  She loves trying to sing her A, B, C's!  And this toy is the new version of the loved one Aaron learned his letters on.  Gotta love Leapfrog.


Letters in the bath!!  She knew everything you can see and more!  It's so fantastic to see her getting bigger and smarter everyday.

Favorite Posts