Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Seattle Space Needle

So, our final stop in Seattle, after Pike's Place Market, and our Downtown Seattle Wandering, was the Space Needle (you knew, right?).  When we were in NY, I has so much fun being at the Top of the Rock and watching the sunset over the city, I knew I wanted the chance to do that over Seattle too!


Our time at the top was a ton of fun.  The view from the needle was pretty neat, and I always enjoy learning the history of buildings.  Did you know the needle was built for the 1962 World's Fair, and the idea all started on a napkin!?  While the city doesn't have tons of land marks to easily pick out, being able to see the city streets (and enormous hills), along with the harbors and landscapes is lovely.  On a typical clear summer night, you can see Mt. Rainier from the needle, but we were not fortunate enough to have that sight.  What we WERE fortunate enough to have was a Mt. Rainier sundae as we watched the setting sun.  It was a very sweet time.

My kids and husband were wonderful sports for me as I walked around the top taking pictures with the different light.  The clouds kept breaking and streams of sunlight would come pouring through and hit the water - God was definitely at work with His creations!

  And as the night wore on, the city began to come alive with lights!  I love to see a city transform from day to sunlight to night time.  It is such a unique experience to watch and take in.  Of course, by the time night had set in, my crew was ready to head back to our hotel and get to our actual destination.  Any guesses?  There may be another clue for you in the pictures, but you sure would have to search hard to find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts