Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fall Break at the Park

Like many mid westerners, my favorite season is fall.  It typically brings on a much needed break from the summer heat and allows for longer and more frequent outdoor activities.  And then throw in the school's more recent "fall break" addition to their calendars, and you have a time worth taking note of.

Last week, during fall break, I got to spend some extra quality time with my kiddos.  We made sure to do a good little mix of things in our three days together.  On this day, we headed to a local park with Little Miss.  This particular park was a hit with our son when he was younger, but it just hadn't made it to our list yet with our daughter.

It was fun to just sit and watch them play on the playground for a bit without a camera.  Then when they were able to swing together on the same swing, that was a moment worth snagging a shot of.

We headed off for a walk in attempts to discover the horses that used to be close by.  Although there were no longer horses, I loved that as I walked behind, my daughter reached for my son's hand and had him light up.  They definitely love one another.

 Exploring on the path was essential.  We stopped to check out the berries on one tree.

And then to sit in the shade of another and play with the taller grass.


 My son always wants to help and encourage his sister to explore.  He lifted her to get a closer look at the leaves of the tree, and then checked out the dandelions himself while they relaxed.

One favorite last moment was when we returned to the playground for a few last minutes.  My son encouraged my daughter to play in this tunnel.  As a small child, this was by far his favorite spot at this playground and he would sit in it and look out the window laughing and playing with me for a while.  It was neat to have them both in it and to see him sharing his love for something with his sister.

I hope you enjoyed our time at the park.  There are more fall break activities to come, so make sure to join us again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts