Friday, October 30, 2015

Just Another Day at the Farm

Recently, a few moms and I headed out to a local farm for some pumpkin picking.  Since things like apple and pumpkin picking have changed in the last few years into choosing the pretty ones from the pile or basket, we opted instead to play in the many spots at the farm.



Up first was playing in the corn box (sand box with corn kernels), and a little bike riding too.  It's amazing how long children can sit and gather and pour something out of buckets!  She sure did enjoy herself.


Next up: the tire swings, tractor climbing, and a little play area.  As a child, I had a neighbor with a small farm, wild strawberries, and, you guessed it, a tire swing!  So, seeing tire swings, no matter how different they look, often takes me back to my childhood.  I LOVED how Emma would put her head back as the swing gently swayed.  And with the wind blowing wildly, it was pretty fantastic.

Our final stop was the hay maze.  At first, she wanted NOTHING to do with it.  But, once everyone left, my girl was ALL over it!  As you can tell, it was VERY small. which made for keeping track of her challenging, but worth it.  She adored playing hide and seek with me, popping in and out behind the stacks, and running, running, running!  And I loved all the light and shadows I got to shoot in.

We're in the midst of fall, and the weather this day sure made it more of a reality!  I'm forever thankful to be able to be present and document these days for our family.  I know they are short lived.

1 comment:

  1. Very precious! I remember having my son (when he was younger) playing the the "corn sandbox"

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Posts