Thursday, November 5, 2015

November 5 on 5: All Things Pumpkins

The thing I love most about photographs is the story they tell.  I love to look back and be able to have those same emotions and memories arise from looking at a single image ten years later.  And as a parent of a little and big, I am much too aware that I will soon forget all the little steps my daughter is taking if I'm not documenting them and telling stories with them.

For my 5 on 5 this month, we just recently carved our pumpkins in time for Halloween.  It was a mess and a delight all at one table.  My people were busy planning and cleaning and carving and I loved the intense look we all had as we worked.
Little E. did an amazing job her first time cleaning out that pint sized pumpkin.  She was unsure at first, but as she watched the boys, she decided to work just as diligently as they did.

Pumpkin carving means pumpkin guts - yuck!  And pumpkin seeds - yum.  Good thing that bowl is big!

That face is one of focus and determination.  And still working through that hair.  I love it.

 I even got in the frame!  E. and I checking out her left over "E" after cutting it from the pumpkin.  Thanks to my hubby for taking the shot.  =)

So, it's blog hopping time!!!  Are you ready?  Jen's story is up next:  Jennifer Faith Brown Photography.  I just know you are going to love it!

4 comments:

  1. Great job documenting, with photos, your pumpkin carving moments! Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her determination! And way to go getting in the shot. Its such an easy thing to forget to do, but so wonderful to document that you were there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, great job documenting such great images of your pumpkin carving. I love the look on her face - so determined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and I am happy you are in one too!

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Posts