Monday, November 23, 2015

Simple Stories

Stories always excite me.  I suspect that's because at heart, I am a story teller.  I love to read stories, I love to tell stories, and I am seeing now how much I love to show stories.  I think because I love them so much, I find great value even in little stories, because I believe it is those that make us whole.  The daily, detailed, easily forgotten, sometimes messy, up and down, in and out, stories of our lives.  The moments we will never really forget, but sometimes get lost in the clutter and busyness of life.  The moments we would never think to document, but look back on with tears when we recall them, and wish that we had something to show for them.

So, forgive me while I linger on this story.  This ordinary, single, simple story of a boy learning to sew.  Learning to tie knots one over another with ease.  Learning to push and pull and tighten.  Learning to stay focused and work carefully and slowly and precisely.  And a momma on the other said of the lens, with tears held back as her oldest takes one step closer to not needing her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts