Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Last of the Leaves

So, it's December, and even though in my mind that equals winter and snow, in the Midwest, that hasn't been the case.  It seems we have had one last warm weekend before Christmas for the past 5 years!  Typically on that last weekend, the Bradford Pear tree in our backyard has finally lost the last of her leaves, which means one final raking of the leaves.  And for our big girl, that means being a big helper - even if the rake is three times her size.

Being so little, she can't be the only one that works (even if she fought hard to keep that rake).  I love that she desires to help so much.  I also love to catch my husband being him and working hard.  It's such a glimpse into who he is.  And what good is raking leaves without jumping in them?  Or playing in them and throwing them?



My son seemed to have no troubles with the playing part of the job.  He has loved playing in the leaves ever since he was Emma's age.  It's neat to see them connect and to think back to when he was a little guy and enjoyed playing in the leaves just as much as she does.



I know I am not alone when I say that my heart is full when I see my kids connect and play and have fun together.  There is something about their laughter, looks, and cuddles that make my job feel fulfilling.  I pray for you that as your year is coming to a close, you take the time to connect, play, laugh, cuddle, and just plain have fun.

Until next time,
Melissa

1 comment:

Favorite Posts