Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sending out Summer in Style!

I don't know about you, but when it comes to the end of good things, sometimes you have to make the best of it.  In this case, the end of something good was summer.  Ahh summer.  Even though you aren't gone on the world's calendar, you are gone on the schools' calendar, and slipping away from the hearts of children around the world.  So, to cap off the end of those long, beautiful, and sometimes hot, days, what better way is there than ICE CREAM?!

And can I just tell you how sweet my kids are sometimes?   They snuggled in tight when they first sat down.  Make my heart melt.  Then Little Miss stole the ice cream we were supposed to share.  Maybe not so sweet.  Oh well; less calories for me!

She made me chuckle when she asked to drink the ice cream!  That was a first, but sort of a family thing.  And then it was play time.  The newest game is to have Daddy flip her.  Of course, Daddy doesn't do much without pay - so kisses were required every time.

And then brother wanted in on kisses too, which is a sweet stage to be in, because I know it will pass before I realize it.  And finally dancing - because the music was playing and summer is too good to end without a little dancing - even if it's from your seat.  Here's to the start of a great school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts