Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve - ahhh the excitement and anticipation is almost too much to bear.  Even as a parent, I am running through my check list to make sure everything is in order - I am sure I am not alone!  As a kid, I used to get one present to open on Christmas Eve, so my kiddos get a spin on that.  After realizing my son's pj's on Christmas morning were in desperate need of replacing a few years ago, I now make sure my kiddos have nice, warm pjs for Christmas morning.  It's a small little thing to kick off our traditions.

 Once, we have our pj's, it's off to get them on and brush our teeth.  I love this time in our lives; my kids get along and stand next to each other happily to brush their teeth at one sink.  I know this won't last forever.  Next is setting out milk and cookies for Santa (we even have a special jingle bell plate).  It was a lot of fun to watch my two pick cookies for the plate and fill that glass to the top.  Then Little Miss counted the cookies for Santa.  *Sigh*  So cute.




Our final step of the night is saying goodbye to our Elf on the Shelf.  Since Santa is visiting in person that night, we know it is safe to hold him and touch him because Santa himself will take our elf with him when he goes!  This is our only opportunity to tell him we'll miss him and give him a little hug.

Then of course, my kids take off for dreams of sugar plums and presents!

Until next time ...

1 comment:

  1. Its fun to watch how seriously they take the "job" on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Posts