Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Christmas Near and Far

As many families do now a days, we have Christmas here, near, and far.  While it sometimes feels chaotic in the midst of the madness, at the end of the day, I feel like my children have been loved on from practically every angle, and who doesn't love to see their looks of excitement over and over again?  Since "here" was obviously our home, our next stop was "near" with my husband's family.  (By the way, don't you just love that look of my husband's?  Between that and my son's constant tongue pictures, it's a wonder I have anything to show you!)

What I love about documentary photography is the way the quiet moments of the day are caught that only the people in the photos can recall.  There are inside jokes, interactions with loved ones, soft looks, all things that are long forgotten after the moment passes, but forever held on to with images.

After one night stop over and 16 hours of driving, our final stop was our "far" Christmas at my parents' house.  Being an only child means that my children are the only grandchildren.  This makes for a little slower and quieter present time.  My son has gotten to play Santa and pass out presents for some time now, so it was fun to see Emma get to help with that task this year.

Well, our presents may all be open, but there's still a few more things to round out the year.  Our last Holiday tradition: gingerbread houses!!  I can't wait to share them with you!!!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts