Thursday, July 14, 2016

Chalk Drawings

Ahh summer.  Days of hula hooping, sprinkler playing, and sidewalk chalk drawings.  The things that remind us that playing in the cool of the shade or the heat of the sun are both welcome pieces of what summer is all about.  And when your littlest one has been begging you to draw pictures of "our familee" and has started describing in detail the things she is adding, that is something you have to hold on to.

Little Ms. Independent right here.  I have no idea where she gets it from (wink, wink), but she sure has grown comfortable in her role.  (Side note - no worries about the shelf being pulled over - it is screwed into the wall behind.)

 After very little begging from my daughter, my son joined in.  She wanted him to help build the house for the family.  The teacher in him kept asking her about the number and things he should include.  I love that in looking at these, I can hear his voice asking her questions.

 Lots of collaboration to their project.  Necessities on the list included clothing and hair for each family member, rooms in our house, and our family pets (all 5 of our fish).  Their concentration was pretty intense and adorable.






As they drew, our daughter would look to the house for inspiration.  She added windows, doors, a car, and her brother gave her a street for the car to drive on.  It really was amazing to see and hear her little imagination working at a pretty quick pace.

 Brother got tired, but sister was going strong with the wind tossing her hair around.  I loved her determination and ability to shut out the world.  And that little mark of blue chalk across her cheek was the best.

I feel like my son's big lip above is a piece of how I feel watching them together.  I know they have to grow up, but man, why so fast?  It all makes me even more thankful that I can freeze these times forever.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts