Friday, May 13, 2016

Learning to Hula Hoop

At three, there are TONS of new skills to learn - just about one every day (or maybe more).  While some are life skills, some are more just for the fun of it skills.  When my son was three, I would chuckle at him when he might show interest in a skill that he wasn't yet ready to tackle.  Now that I have a, let's say more persistent, three year old, trying to explain that a skill may not be something she is ready for yet is more laughable to HER than to me.  OF COURSE she can do it!  She's a big girl.  I mean, she IS three.

Cue the hula hoop at the dollar store.  As an adult, I can't even begin to think about hula hooping.  I obviously get the concept, and I can keep it around my waist for a few turns, but really, once gravity hits, I am sunk.  And even though I was PRETTY sure that's how hula hooping would go for our girl, she was quite sure that she could do it.  And for a buck, I figured it would be some nice entertainment and maybe some fun pictures.  I'll let you be the judge.  Seriously - I would love to hear your thoughts.  Feel free to leave them in the comments at the end or on my Facebook page.

She was a little hesitant at first.  And I thought that cast might hold her back, but really, she's three.  Not much holds her back.
 I LOVE that face!  She was giving it ALL she had!!

OK, maybe more than all she had.  We switched spots, took breaks, and that grass - oh how I loved it.  Too long for my husband's liking (it got cut about 30 minutes after these pictures), but it was dreamy to me.


You have to giggle at that hair.  It was as if she was willing the hoop to move with every fiber of her being.


I even loved it as she began to wear down.  The smile faded ever so slightly and the hoop began to drag.  The sun still shined though, and I know without a doubt that the hula hoop and my girl will have more time in it.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts