Monday, May 2, 2016

In a Field of Flowers

Last year for my birthday, I asked for a family pass to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  I knew my boys wouldn't take me to see flowers all that often, but I thought my girl and I would enjoy going frequently.  But with a busy and hot summer, the only use we got out of the pass was an occasional visit to the Butterfly House that is closer to home.

So, now, our pass is coming closer to expiring and I am sad that it is almost done.  I wish that I had taken better advantage of it, and am wondering if I should ask again for a family pass.  In the mean time, you might see a few more visits of us with flowers.  Especially since my girl loves flowers so much and sniffing them to see if they smell different.  I'm not sure if she's learned anything about that yet, but I am sure learning to stop and smell whatever flowers God plants for me.  And maybe take in the scenery around me too.

 As a lover of purple, this area is definitely a favorite of mine.  Such tiny purple flowers, but enough to take over so much of what your eye sees.  I could sit here all day.

 What happens when you are 3 and there is a large open circle?  You spin!  Again and again!


One final stop in the garden house before (unwillingly) heading home for a much needed nap.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts