Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 5-on-5: An Anniversary Date at the Butterfly House

I can hardly believe it's May 5th already!  It feels like fall just ended, and yet I know I will blink, and the heat of summer will be upon me.  In the mean time, I am trying to soak up all of spring that I can.  Only a few weeks ago, my husband surprised me on our anniversary by taking a day off work.  I think one of the things I enjoy about our marriage in this stage is that simple times together are often a gift all of their own.  To start our day, we went out to breakfast with our girl.  I love that the two of them sat and colored together - definitely a time that warms my heart.
After breakfast, my husband took the three of us to the Butterfly House. While you might think the fun stuff is only inside, when you are 3, fun stuff is found everywhere. On our walk in, the field of flowers caught my daughter's eye. She plucked up one after another, blowing those wonderful seeds to the wind.

Once inside, the remnants of March Morpho Mania were everywhere!  Blue Morphos would flutter by in groups and land for only a brief second before picking back up again.  And the flowers at the Butterfly House are always a hit.  That purple orchid seemed to be calling my name that day.

And as anyone who has visited a butterfly house can tell you, the heat inside will have you sweating in no time.  Which meant that WE had just a little more time to get in one last shot!

It's hop time! Up next in the circle is Jess at Samarie-lei Photography.  Make sure to check out her amazing work and circle through all the blogs to see the other fabulous photographers!

Until next time, 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treat for you! Love the butterfly photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet!!! I love that first picture of the two of them sitting at breakfast together. Such a beautiful series!

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Posts