Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day and the Botanical Gardens

So, I know we are a week (or so) past Mother's Day, but sometimes life gets busy, so forgive my delay.  I wanted to make sure and share my Mother's Day here.  Since Mother's Day is typically hectic with so many activities, we started celebrating mine on Saturday a few years ago (and let me tell you how much I love it).  So, for my day, my family made me breakfast in bed, I got my Mother's Day coupons, and then we took off to spend some time as a family at the Botanical Gardens - this time, with camera in hand.

I'm not sure why, but I was amazed at the huge difference I saw in the flowers to be seen at our visit.  Of course I know that different flowers bloom at different times of year, but the idea that an area as large as the Botanical Gardens would feel like a completely different place was a little surprising to me.  In addition, we tried to wonder through different areas this time.  I was so thankful for that, as I had missed this sweet statue before and some of the flowers we saw.

 While we didn't hit the Children's Garden this time, there was a fountain on that the kids played in for a little bit.  Having that water proof cast was perfect for this and the kids had fun getting a little wet, without getting soaked.

 One area I wanted to make sure to hit this time was the Japanese Garden and Koi pond.  I loved that my girl got down with her "new book" (a free pamphlet from one of the educational centers) to look at the flowers and check for butterflies.  And that outfit?  100% her - fluffy dresses and pink rain boots.  I love that when I look back on pictures of this time in our lives, I will have daily proof of the independence she was already showing at such a young age.

A little farther to the Koi pond.  The kids got the chance to look and feed, which was a ton of fun.  And that bridge - it is pretty spectacular.  As are the people on it.

Until next time, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts