Monday, September 5, 2016

September 5-on-5: Learning New Games

When I tell people that there are 8 1/2 years between my children (yes, you read that right, eight and a half years), I usually get a bit of a shocked look.  I often laugh and agree with their shock and tell them that it was God's design and not mine.  And while I wouldn't have chosen it before experiencing it, the truth is that I have been loving it for a while now.  My son is a fabulous brother and natural teacher.  I could not imagine him to be a better helper for his sister (most days - ha ha).  And since our family enjoys playing games together, it seemed very fitting that my son would be the one to teach my daughter to play her first game.

I recently found a few old board games buried in the basement, which included the classic Chutes and Ladders, and brought them upstairs.  My son had a great time teaching, and my daughter loved the individual attention she got from her big brother.


She was very good about listening to her instructions and finding out about how the game ran.  My son used the pieces to show her how they would count, move, chute and slide.

 One of the biggest challenges of playing the game was working the spinner.  It took a little bit, but eventually our girl got it down with ease.  And of course, learning those numbers and counting them out is an important part of playing a game.


 In the end, our son did a great job of teaching his little sister a new game.  So much so, that by the end, it was easy for her to show HIM just how to do things.


I will continue to soak this up as long as I can.  I know the time will fly.

So, it's time to hop to the next blog.  I sincerely hope you take the time to make the circle back to me because the other photographers in our circle are pretty fantastic.  Go check out Carol Zanarotti - Fotografa de famila em São Paulo.

Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Great memories to hold dear and beautiful captures of this precious moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet moments you captured between them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww they play so well together! SO sweet. Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete

Favorite Posts