Friday, August 19, 2016

A Stop on The Journey Home - Lake Erie

Aahhh the journey home.  I love vacation, don't get me wrong.  But long hours in the car with children is enough to drive you a little mad.  There's something about sharing air and the same confined space for hours ... and hours ... and hours on end that makes you love your own space and air so much more.

Since a portion of our drive was very close to Lake Erie, it was an easy decision to stop when an accident backed us up and had us detour off.  It was nice to get out of the car, stretch our legs and breathe some fresh air.


I love watching my kids play.  Their young hearts love to explore and experience new things.  As a Mom, that is always the neat part about watching them grow!  My boys have had a long love of rock skipping.  It is a pretty fun Father-Son tradition.  Now that our girl has gotten a little bigger, she has jumped on board as well.


 It was so sweet to see her searching for rocks.  At the same time, I was holding my breath every time she squated down for her find.  And not to be confused with the boys, she is still a little dainty and is not a real fan of dirty hands (or anything really).


While documenting our daily life is what really makes my heart sing, I will forever love God's creation in nature.  I love the details and the curves of the land and the way it all flows together.  No matter what I photograph, I do it in hopes that when I look back, my memory will be flooded with textures and sounds and smells from that time.


 And feels.  All the feels from when I see little hands stretched out to be cleaned or big arms flinging rocks through the air with our son.  The deep down, soulful feels.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts