Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Horseshoe Falls

Since all of the falls are so enormous, there are a variety of places and ways to get a good look at each one.  While the boys (and I) enjoyed our first voyage to get close up to the American Falls, it was the second one that was my favorite by far - seeing the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side up close.

A great day of exploring starts with a good breakfast.  My son is such a great brother, encouraging his sister to eat up and helping her do so.  They are a hoot.

Because of the shape of the Horseshoe falls, you can get a different perspective there than you can at the American Falls.  I loved that I wasn't getting soaked (don't worry, I still got plenty wet), and could get a full view of the falls (and even a peek at the American Falls).




And even though you got a full view, you were close enough to see some pretty awesome details.  And just FEEL the power of the water.  Still the rushing sound echoes in my ears.  Unbelievable.  We were also able to go behind the falls in tunnels and look out holes where you could almost touch the water, but needless to say, those pictures were, well, rushing water over holes in tunnels.  And not exciting.

My peeps.  And the first rainbow we really saw with the falls.  And that one of my girl drying her hands.  She suddenly seemed so grown up.

And of course one final look over the falls, as we knew our trip was coming to an end soon.  Only a couple more stops.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts