Thursday, August 18, 2016

Just a Country Drive

So, after visiting Horseshoe Falls the previous day, Aaron ended up getting sick that evening with what we think was possibly heat stroke.  Since we knew we had a 12 hour car ride ahead of us soon, my husband thought it would be best to at least try and explore a little via car to see how his body responded to travel.  We took a short drive up the Niagara River and remained close enough to the hotel that we could turn around and head back if needed.  It seemed to be a good middle ground and it was pretty neat to see the water that feeds the monster we had been visiting all week.


 We stopped a few times to get another view of the river, but mostly just enjoyed the drive, the air conditioning, and the chance to relax.  After our close travels, Aaron seemed to be doing ok, so Jason had a second stop up his sleeve.  We drove out to New York and attempted to find the Grand Canyon of the East.  Our drive was one neither my husband nor I anticipated, with farm land for several hours, and wind turbines that covered land for as far as you could see.  We agreed that neither of us had ever had such a back roads experience before, which is saying a lot for a girl from Ohio.

 We eventually reached our destination and it was certainly a beautiful piece of God's country.  From high points to deep valleys, the view was simply spectacular!




I always have a soft spot for light streaming through trees.  It tugs at my soul every time and reminds me of the great ways God has created and works in His world.  And when you add in my peeps, I love it even more.

After a long day of riding, it was time to make our way back to the hotel at Niagara for our last night.  Before we left, I wanted to get one last set of everything at night.  My original plan was to go to the top of our 22 story hotel, but I am sure no one will have a hard time believing that it wasn't accessible.  So instead, I got to step out onto a small balcony on the 15th floor restaurant and get a few shots. 


It sure was a lovely view over the city we had been exploring for a week.  Hopefully you enjoyed seeing it as much as we enjoyed experiencing it.  We have one final stop from our journey home to share with you from our trip.  I can't wait!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts