Friday, July 24, 2015

5 on 5 Project

My journey with photography is feeling pretty solid.  As a part of my path, I have begun to find groups of photographers that share my same desire when it comes to the style of images we shoot.  We are called documentary photographers, or also classified as lifestyle photographers.  Our goal is to allow life to happen and to photograph real, genuine moments while it does.  We avoid posing, props, and cheesy grins, but love hugs, beautiful light, and interaction between the people in the lens.

I recently joined a group of women and have been able to hop into a blog circle (good thing my blogging has really picked up!)  Each lady in the group will be posting 5 images that tell a story in our lives on the 5th of every month - hence the title 5 on 5.  At the end of each blogger's post, you will find a link to the next photographer's blog.  You will find that although we all love to shoot life as it is, our own way of doing that is unique and that's what makes photography so fantastic.  It's also how stories end up being yours and no one else's.

So, before our official post on the 5th, I wanted to share all the blogs in the group.  Please click the links to get a glance into their style and learn a little about their story.  You should see a different person at the end of each monthly post, so you may want to just go like some of their pages on Facebook if you enjoy their work so you can see their 5 on 5 every month!!
And since no photographer's blog should go without pictures - here's a sneak peek into my 5 on 5 for August.  This is one that did NOT make the post.  So, if you like this one, I think you will love the five that got chosen!  Make sure to come back on August 5th to see my story!!!


Favorite Posts