Monday, July 13, 2015

Brother's Umbrella

A new discovery is always exciting!  In my daughter's case, when ever you find something of your big brother's, that's a double excitement.  So, when Emma found big brother's umbrella as we cleaned out the garage, it was a day for happy play.


And the details of the day couldn't be more funny.  That umbrella?  It's bent, holey, broken, and over 5 years old.  Of course, I have a super cute ladybug umbrella for my daughter, but she wants nothing to do with it.  And the weather was cloudy, but not a drop to be had until the end of our time.




But the best details about the day were the giggles and the smiles.  And remembering how as the rain started to fall, my daughter grabbed my hand and pulled me under that holey, bent, and broken umbrella.  How we cuddled and she had a very serious look about not getting wet.  It was pure love.

Favorite Posts