Friday, September 4, 2015

A Day at the Park

You know those times when you decide you are going to just forget your to-do list and be spontaneous?  Only to find out that your non-planned plans end up - well, failing, because you neglected to plan them.  Yeah.  So, this was my experience recently when I decided we would visit our local butterfly house.  With camera in hand, we excitedly walked to the door only to find out they were closed for the day.  Bummer.  But, you can't let a good day go to waste.

So with our to-do list ditched for the morning, and no opportunity for exploring the butterfly house, we decided to play at the park instead.  Although we did plenty of climbing and jumping and sliding, the swing was the safest place to get pictures.  And who doesn't love that smile your child gets on the swing?


Our evening turned into chalk writing on the driveway, which has been a fun treat lately.  I loved watching those cute little fingers get covered in chalk dust and make mark after mark.  I loved listening to her say "L, L, L" as she made lines and then "O, O, O" as she made circles.  I also love that sweet profile of hers, but I suppose I am a little biased.

One of my favorite things about being a parent is getting to see your child learn and be excited about what they can do.  And watching their expressions from focus to giggles.  It's a pretty great day when you get to see it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts