Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Powder Valley and Laumeier Sculpture Park

So my son recently got to head out on a field trip of sorts to Powder Valley and Laumeier Sculpture Park.  I say field trip of sorts because since it was for an after school club, it was a family affair, which is perfect for the mom of a middle schooler and pre-schooler.  While my hope was to have the chance to take some pictures of our nature hike - it was after all, for Science Club - the speed at which middle school students hike didn't really allow for that.  None the less, our family got to spend some time outdoors during an amazing fall day and soak in the scenes, so I couldn't really complain.

First up was Powder Valley.  The hike was rather short, but the sun kept begging to come on to the path, so I had to catch it when I could.  And the butterfly - that was begging to be caught too.

Once we hit Laumeier, the fun began.  After lunch, we wandered God's beautiful landscapes with Cheeto-covered fingers and climbed on various different sculptures.

The kids explored and ran ahead, while the parents had the chance to chat as well.  What I loved the most was that my entire family was welcomed to be there and partake in the day.  It made it all the more fun!

In the end, all the climbing, exploring, learning, and listening were part of our time together enjoying nature and one another.  A great way to spend our morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts