Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Rubbing of the Leaves

Something I love about being a photographer is that many typical Saturday afternoons can turn into moments that forever tell a story - especially when it's a first moment.  So when my daughter was playing outside and wanted to take a leaf into Daddy, that sounded like a sweet idea.  And when Daddy grabbed paper and crayons to show her how to do a leaf rubbing, I made sure to grab my camera.


The first steps were simply explaining the idea of crayon rubbing.  Our girl adores coloring, and is pretty intense about it sometimes, so watching her is a treat.  And watching Daddy hold her and guide her was wonderful.  There may have been more scribbling than rubbing, but that was ok.  It was more about the process than the product.


 In the end, there were ooo's, ahh's, and giggles over the creations that were made.  And the icing on the cake was when Daddy and our girl made hand prints to boot.  Monkey see, monkey do!



It sure was a moment I was glad to be a part of locking away, because moments like these will be gone before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Posts